2012 EERS Conference
The Eastern Evaluation Research Society (EERS), a local affiliate of the American Evaluation Association, has been serving evaluators in the northeast region for over thirty years. EERS is held the 35th Annual Conference at the Seaview Resort and Spa in Absecon, New Jersey on April 29-May 1, 2012. The conference theme for 2012 was Evaluation in a Complex World: Balancing Theory and Practice.
The EERS annual conference is designed to (a) provide a forum for learning, networking, and sharing expertise in an intimate and welcoming atmosphere, (b) provide opportunities for learning new skills at multiple levels, (c) nurture new evaluators and inspire seasoned evaluators, and (d) facilitate cross displinary discussions about evaluation in both formal and informal contexts. This year's conference provided a range of sessions that promoted interaction and exchange of ideas, while providing opportunities for skill-building along with presentations by speakers.
In keeping up with our reputation of offering a high-quality conference that challenges participants with new ideas and provides opportunities to develop new skills, the 2012 conference included a great group of keynote speakers and workshops.
The 2012 EERS conference registration fee included a wide range of events:
- Sunday evening dessert reception
- Monday continental breakfast
- Monday keynote luncheon
- Monday evening networking reception
- Tuesday full breakfast buffet
- Tuesday buffet luncheon
- Snacks and beverages during conference breaks
- Jennifer Greene, 2011 AEA President and Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Illinois
- Eleanor Chelimsky, former AEA President and former Director of Program Evaluation and Methodology at the U.S. Government Accountability Office
- Rodney Hopson, 2012 AEA President and Professor of Education at Duquesne University
The EERS conference provides opportunities for evaluators to gain hands-on skills. The 2012 conference offered two pre-conference workshops, held on Sunday, April 29, before the evening dessert reception. The workshop registration fee was $60. Attendees were able to register for workshops online when registering for the conference. This year's pre-conference workshops included:
- An Introduction to Using Meta-Analysis in Evaluation (to be conducted by Ning Rui, Research for Better Schools).
- Focus Group Research: Planning and Implementation (to be conducted by Michele Revels, ICF International)
Invited Author Awardees
The EERS Invited Author Award is a special academic honor that recognizes exceptional scholarship by recently-published authors in the field of program evaluation. In 2012 we welcomed three Invited Author Awardees:
- S. Marshall Perry
- Tanner LeBaron Wallace
- Di Xu
Conference Host Hotel
The conference was held at its traditional venue, the Seaview Resort and Spa in Absecon, New Jersey. For more information relating to the Seaview, contact Susan Robbins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Conference Program and Presentations
This year's conference featured plenary speakers, invited authors, graduate students, and a variety of individual sessions, panels, and skill-building sessions. A copy of the conference program is available for downloading in the list of attachments below, as are PDF versions of presentation materials provided by speakers (in conference program order by lead presenter from the program). Details of the workshop training sessions are provided at the bottom of this page.